Virtual Consultations with Sound Native Plants
SNP consults on a broad range of environmental issues related to native ecosystems.
We are now bringing our expertise straight to your laptop or smartphone with Virtual Consultations!
Virtual Consultations are great for
Native plant selections to replace non-native plants
Planting plan for on and around septic fields
Landscaping for wet areas
Native edible and pollinator gardens / food forests
Simple landscapes not on a significant slope
Plant selection and zone planning
Single-species invasive plant management
Rain-wise and fire-wise planning
During a Virtual Consultation the client guides the remote SNP consultant through focus areas of the landscape with a smartphone or laptop with a camera. The SNP consultant will address questions and concerns verbally and take notes during the meeting. A recording of the visit will be available to the customer for reference. Additional consultation outcomes and final products depend on the clients’ goals.
Virtual Consultation Outcomes
- Option 1: Walk-through, discussion, and recording. No additional office time required.
- Option 2: Walk-through, discussion, recording, and single-page write up detailing discussion. 1 - 3 hrs of additional office time required.
- Option 3: Walk-through, discussion, recording, write up detailing discussion, and follow up work as required 4 - 6 hrs or more of additional office time required, depending on project complexity.
Length and Cost of Virtual Consultations
Virtual Consultations are scheduled to be 1 hour long and cost $150.00ea, no matter if all time is used or not. Each additional hour of Virtual Consultation is charged at $75.00/ hour and billed in .25 hour increments. Additional office time for reporting etc. is charged at $100.00/ hour.
Not all consultations can be given virtually. If a Virtual Consultation is not possible for your project, we will do our best to connect you with the assistance your landscape needs.
Virtual Consultations are not so good for
- Mitigation plans
- Inaccessible sites
- Slope stabilization
- Complex invasive plant management
- Plant identification for rare or tricky species
Feel free to contact us with any questions.